Access to Higher Education
These courses are for people aged 19 or over. If you want to study for a degree, but don’t have the qualifications for it, these courses will give you those qualifications within one year!
You will gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to study at a degree level in English. You’ll experience different kinds of learning that you need for university, such as participating in seminars and writing essays.
Our exciting range of Access to Higher Education subjects includes:
- Art and design
- Business and finance (accounting and finance, business)
- Health and social care (Health professions, mental health nursing, midwifery, nursing and social work)
- Education professions
- Humanities and social sciences
- Legal professions
After you’ve qualified
After completing your programme, you will gain an Access to higher education diploma. This qualification is equivalent to three A Levels, which means you can apply to a university in the UK.
You may choose to progress on to one of our higher education programmes, including Foundation Degrees, BA Honours Degrees or a Post-Graduate Certificate in Education!
At Activate Learning, we offer a range of undergraduate learning options from Higher National Certificates (HNC), Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) to Foundation Degrees, Post-Graduate Certificates in Education, and top-ups for Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science Degrees.
Check the Activate Learning website for more information on what each level means. Each course is recognised for its focus on employability by the Quality Assurance Agency and designed to build the very skills you need to have a successful career.
Undergraduate study options are validated by partner Universities including Oxford Brookes, University of Reading, University of Greenwich, Kingston University and Pearson.
Why choose Activate Learning? Activate Learning offers high-quality teaching and learning outcomes for its students and has been awarded TEF Silver Status. Activate Learning offers;
- smaller class sizes for personalised learning and individual support
- affordable Higher Education with lower competitive tuition fees ·
- access to Activate Learning’s facilities across campuses in Oxfordshire, Berkshire and Surrey and partner university resources too
- Be part of a wider community; libraries with online learning, well-equipped IT suites, cafés and shops, hair and beauty salons, Students’ Unions, transport links, virtual learning environment and more
- Access to additional learning support through a dedicated team of HE study support tutors who provide a wide range of services
- All programmes provide students with work-based learning opportunities supported by employers, external organisations and/or professional practitioners, and significantly enhance students’ employability skills and progression opportunities. Plus, there are funding options to help you spread the financial costs!